Friday, July 27, 2012

What Seems Like Nothing...

...can really be something HUGE for someone else!

This is my new normal.

Sometimes realizing this is painful and sometimes it brings joy.  Let me explain.


Having the setback I've had recently, it's been tough for me to even do the small things I had grown accustomed to doing.  Making a 15 min trip to the grocery store or the post office is no longer as simple as it was.  Last week, I tried putting something in the mail box that turns out has to be metered so the Postal Worker brought it back to my door and explained it was a "simple matter of taking it down to the post office between the hours of 9am and 5pm".  I wasn't having the best day that day and I remember that on the inside, I was screaming that for me that's not so simple!!  On the outside, I said "okay" and thanked him for telling me.  That day, something so simple for most people (and what used to be simple for me), became a painful reminder of this new normal I'm in.  I long to be able to have the ability to shop for groceries or stop by the post office to quickly mail something.  All of the things I used to take for granted are now reminders of my new situation - I'm sick.  

On the other hand, sometimes these situations can bring joy.  Today, for example, we are just about out of Penny's food.  Her food is a special variety that you can only buy from the vet due to Penny having food allergies.  The vet is only open M-F and Andy works from before they open til long after they close each day.  The newest medication I'm on causes dizziness and makes it even harder for me to feel up to driving and so even though today isn't quite as yucky as yesterday, picking up Penny's food was still something I wasn't sure I'd be able to do.  So, I asked for help on Facebook and within 30 minutes, someone was already on their way to my house with the things I needed from the vet's office.  So, even though it wasn't simple for me, it was simple for someone else and they were able to help us out!  This brings me joy because I know ultimately it's God's doing.  He works in the hearts of those around us to give us the help we need when we need it and that makes me love God all the more!

So, just remember, what seems like a simple matter to you, could be the giant mountain in another person's life.  But most importantly, what seems like a giant mountain to any of us, is a simple matter for the Lord.    

No comments:

Post a Comment