Friday, July 27, 2012

A Bit of an Update...

I'm on week 6 of this new, extra-restricted diet I'm on and only time will tell if this setback I've had is the result of the diet (which would then be a good thing) or if it's the result of me not being well enough to make it to the doctor for my weekly treatments (which would be a bad thing). 

I'm not sure if any of you will remember but I've been in this same place before and last time, the new diet (going gluten free) was not the answer we were hoping it would be.  We gave the diet somewhere between 6-8 months with little to no improvement and it was devastating. 

In many ways, this past experience makes it hard for me to remain positive this time around even though we have more data showing that the diet is working.  Because the new diet is causing a sort of detox - it makes one feel worse.  In many ways, it's like I'm living with a whole new monster because now instead of just battling the awful fatigue and joint pain, I'm also dealing with upset stomach, nausea, and stomach cramps.  From all the things I'm reading online, this is totally normal and everyone must go through this phase to reach the point where they start to feel better.  For some this takes a couple months.  Those that are worse off - it can take much longer.  (We're talking years.) 

So, I'm asking for more prayer from you.  #1 - In many ways, this new development and diet could be an answer to many of the problems I've been having - before and after becoming ill.  I've already lost 15 lbs and that's with zero exercise (as I'm physically unable to right now).  I'm eating well and cutting out all forms of sugar (I've really had zero sugar, except what's found naturally in some veggies, and it's killing me to not be able to eat fruit)!  So I'm asking that you pray that this could really be the vital piece we were missing and that it will help me start to feel better.

#2 - I desperately want #1 to be something that starts helping me feel better in the next few months as opposed to 1-3 years like some have experienced.  Would you join me in prayer for it to not only be the missing piece but that it would also be quick?! 

#3 - My wants aside, will you lastly pray that God's will be done and that if it's to be a long process, that you would pray for my sanity and for Him to continue to provide peace and comfort for me?  One of the side effects of this condition is it can make one feel anxious or nervous even if they mentally aren't and I've def been feeling this.  It's almost a daily battle to remain calm about feeling worse again and I could use as many prayers for this as possible. 

Just a quick reminder, I'm vague for a reason.  This blog is not a medical one but an emotional and spiritual one.  If you have medical questions or want to talk the nitty gritty, please don't hesitate to call or email. 

I can't say enough how thankful I am for your prayers and love!!  Thanks for reading and being a part of this new normal with me! 

Love, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment