Friday, February 17, 2012

No Matter What

On Valentine's Day my husband sent me the awesome strawberries pictured below along with a card that said I love you - no matter what


The phrase "no matter what" means a lot to any wife but oh what those words mean now!  But, I'm not sure where to start - how do I explain what Andy's unfailing love has meant to me over the past nearly two years?  It hasn't been easy for me - all the pain, fatigue, wooziness and constant problems.  And because of that, it hasn't been easy for him either. 

My husband is a farmer.  Some of you are farmer's wives so you know what kind of hours that means they have to keep.  Busy times of the year, they work dawn to after dark and do it day after day after day because they have to.  Six days a week.  Then on Sunday, my husband has to get up early so he can prepare a Sunday school lesson for the Jr. High Sunday school class he teaches.  Add on top of that, being a deacon so some Sundays, immediately after church, there is a deacon meeting.  Then he has to come home and on his one day of "rest" he has had to run and get groceries, mow the lawn, help with dishes, etc.  He did this for months.  Yes, in many ways he had to, but he did it and hardly ever complained!  Even recently, he's had to do more again.  After getting shingles, I was no longer able to make grocery runs so he's been doing it now.  He's always done the vacuuming, helps with dishes, scrubs the kitchen, and does it all without getting angry or bitter.  He's taken me to countless doctor appointments and been with me every step of the way. 

I have loved Andy for his ability to make me laugh since we met in college!  I am so thankful for this, especially now, because laughter helps, heals, and gives momentary joy.  Yes, even his loud, obnoxious singing is appreciated because it means the real Andy is still there and our long trial has not stolen who we are from us.  :) 

I could write paragraph upon paragraph about all the things he's done to help get us through this trial but in the end, to know he still LOVES me and will never leave me - that means more than all of it and it says so much about him as a person!  God blessed me immensely when he gave me Andrew Thomas Juris and I wouldn't want anyone else by my side as we walk this path of life!!  If you live around here and see Andy, please do what you can to be an encouragement to him.  He's done so much and I know it can be weary for him at times.  Thanks again hon, for always loving me no matter what - I don't know what I'd do without you!

Taken at Cave B two years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Well first of all I have to say that I'm so very thankful that you have Andy also! I knew from the moment he asked to marry you that you were going to be taken care of in every way possible...and that means so much to me as your mother. Andy, I may not be close by to encourage you and I haven't called you up to ask if there is anything I can do for you through all of this, and for that I ask you to forgive me, but just know if you do need anything that I can help out with I'm only a phone call away. And I also want to tell you from the bottom of my heart that you're not only my "favorite" son in law, but the best one ever and I love you for the person you are. Thank you for loving Jen through this time, and for showing her what true love is. You are a very special guy and don't you forget it! Oh ya, and by the way I really do love your voice, your singing, continue to fill Jen's day with as much as you can...OK! ;) Seriously, I love you both very much and if you need me to do anything I can do just ask! That's what mom's are for, praying for you both! Love ya lots, mom

    ReplyDelete