Thursday, February 2, 2012

A little bit of fun :0)

Andy gave me my birthday present early and so I spent most of the evening trying to get acquainted with Adobe Photoshop Elements!  From all reviews, it's a FRACTION of the cost of the full photoshop program but does almost all you'd ever want anyway.  So, I've never used a software like this before and I have soooooooooooo much to learn.  I might have to buy a book to help but I was able to figure out just a few small things last night.  So if any of you have some experience with this program - please share your expertise! 





I am excited to learn about all the wonderful things this program can do to help improve the pictures I take.  I am no professional - just someone who enjoys beautiful pictures of beautiful things.  This is one hobby I can't wait to be able to do more of once I am well enough to do it!  Being creative is something that helps me because for me, it's good therapy.  It gives me a chance to stop thinking about how I feel and focus on something else.  I have so many pictures I've taken over the last few years that I want to play with in this program so you may see some more fun edits in the near future! 

Again, I can't say enough about how wonderful you all have been!  I've had friends from HS that I haven't seen in (dare I say) 10+ years reach out to me because of this blog and it has been such an encouragement to me!!  Thanks for reading and as always, I welcome input and insight you have to offer.  Hope your Thursday is a good one!

4 comments:

  1. All I can say to you sweetie is just keep taking pictures, I have loved so many of them and I know that I will love alot more of your pictures....so keep snapping those shots, ok. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing more pics and a review - and maybe a lesson :) - of this program! I've been wanting to get into this as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meagan - it's really awesome! I learned the most from the "adobe tv" videos they have on the "Adobe TV" website. Lacie (Andy's sister) told me about them and they were super helpful. The photoshop elements is like $70 or $80 vs the full photoshop which is like $650 or more. I still have a lot to learn but it's great for rubbing things out of the picture you don't want or for fixing dark shadows, etc. It does require a lot of processing power so it can slow your computer down while you have it open and running. Other than that, so far I'm enjoying it. :0)

    ReplyDelete