Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Passing of Time

See this little guy...

  

that's Mr. Pill Box.  For roughly the past two years, I've been using him to keep track of most of my medicines and supplements.  I have roughly a dozen different pill bottles that I use throughout a day so this little invention has been a life saver!  It's almost empty, tomorrow morning's pills are all I have left to take and then I must fill it again.  I swear, it feels like I just did that yesterday...

That feeling happens a lot.  Each week, I'm struck at how quickly the last week's pills have disappeared.  Many times, this saddens me because it's another reminder of how life is passing quickly and I feel like I'm stuck in limbo while everything, including time, goes on without me.  In a way, each week I have to fill it with pills, is another week I know I'll be feeling crappy and just wish I was better - I wish I was done with Mr. Pill Box because then I'd be done with being sick.  

But, Mr. Pill Box is a necessary evil.  Without him, on the really bad brain fog days, it would be too easy to mix up my meds and I don't want to do anything that could potentially make my day worse than it has to be.  I just never thought it would be something I'd have to use this early in life.  I know I'm not the first young adult to have an illness, I'm just explaining that it really was something I didn't expect to need til much later.  

It's true that the older we get, time seems to go faster and faster.  For now, instead of having a baby or projects at work be what reminds me of that, I have Mr. Pill Box.  It's not my first or second or third or any choice but it's what must be.  I was talking with my sister yesterday about how faith is accepting what must be - even when we don't like it - and how it takes real trust and real obedience to believe that and continue following God's ways.  A good friend gave me a sign that hangs above the entry to my living room.  It states, "Faith makes things possible, not easy."  It's a truth that has given me courage throughout this trial and I hope it encourages you like it has me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment