Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend with Jes!

(Kit used is Chic by MaryPop.)

My sister, Jes, had a four day weekend so she was able to come down and spend some time with us!  She got here Friday around noon and left this morning.  Upon arrival, the dogs just go nuts because they always are so excited when she comes!  I wish I had taken a video of how crazy they get but maybe next time.  :)  Because they get so excited, they always crash once they calm down.




  Whenever she comes, we try to plan at least one special meal.  Because Saturday was St. Patrick's Day, we decided on trying a few new recipes.  One of them being an avocado pesto (green sauce, get it?!) and pasta and the other, a gluten free vanilla bean cheesecake.  While the pesto sauce wasn't my favorite, Jes liked it she was able to enjoy the leftovers! 






For dessert, we made a vanilla bean cheesecake and let me tell you, it was amazing!  It was my first attempt at making a cheesecake and it was much easier than I thought it would be.  We also made a homemade raspberry sauce to put on top and it was to die for!! 

(Kit used is Chic by MaryPop.)

Jes did most of the work in the kitchen which was a huge help!  Since I slept good Saturday night and got a good nap before church, I decided to try having Jes take me to the service.  I haven't been able to go to church since last fall so I really wanted to try.  I wasn't able to make it through the whole service but it was great to be there for the time that I was!!  I spent the rest of the day totally and completely exhausted but it worth it.  Jes helped me by cooking Sunday, too and it was great having her here to visit with! 

I look forward to her next visit and am so thankful she lives so close now!  I cannot say enough how encouraging weekends like this are to me and I'm so thankful for Jes' willingness to help me while she's here.  I'm thanking God for a good weekend this morning and for all the blessings He has given us even in the midst of the trial we are going through!  Have a great week!  Love, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment