Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tid Bit

I came across something I felt compelled to share.  I'm in no way sharing this so I can get attention - I'm sharing this because it's the first description of the kind of fatigue I experience that can maybe help y'all relate to what this is like.

I'm quoting a fiction book that has a character that becomes ill and is describing her fatigue to the doctors like this:

"It's so fierce.  I've been pregnant.  Had the flu.  All the normal things that make you tired.  But this is like...you know those lead blankets they put on you for protection when you get an X-ray?  How heavy they are?  I feel like ten of those are on me.  But not on me.  In me.  Wrapped around inside.  It's so hard to move.  It's like walking in a...swimming pool.  With the water up to your neck." 

When I read this yesterday I knew I might finally have a way to more accurately describe this new level of "tired" to people.  It truly is like nothing you've known until it happens to you.  It takes all kinds of inner strength just to get dressed or do your hair on the days like this. Sometimes, it's all I can do to stand for a few minutes to make a sandwich.

I'm not sure how to end this quick bit of info.  There's no cliche statement that fits.  All I can say is that God is good - no matter my circumstances because I know His word is truth and that He wouldn't allow this happen if it couldn't somehow be for my benefit. 

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."  Romans 8:28

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're going through this Jen. I just know that God has something so much greater planned! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete